Sunday, March 28, 2010

Miracles Happen...

Hey Ya'll!

Today was a great day! It was actually a great weekend. I celebrated my guy friend's birthday in Hb on Friday night. He's like my boy BFF. I also got to see two of his friend whom I haven't seen in forever, so that was nice!

Yesterday I played a pick-up game with my kickball league, then we went over to a bar not too far from my place and pub crawled to the place across the street which is my fave. I was soooo tired though, it was ridiculous. CJ came over so that I could dye her hair, and then I went right back to sleep!

Today I went to my friend Stephanie's baby shower. She is the cutest pregnant woman ever! I love her. I was so happy I got to see her.



For those of you who have been following my blog for a while, know about her brother, Jeremy, and how the last time I saw him he was in a coma and we weren't sure if he was even going to make it....well, this is Jeremy today:



I am still so very grateful to all of you who kept him in your thoughts and prayers. His recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. His accident was in September, they weren't sure he was going to live. By October he was awake. They said they weren't sure his brain would be functional. In a few weeks he was talking. They said they weren't sure he would remember things. In November he gave me a phone call. He celebrated his 21st birthday in January. They said they weren't sure he would return to how he was. Today he's walking, talking and being himself. Nothing short of a miracle.

When I hugged him for the first time since I was in AZ, I was shaking. I'm not an emotional person, but this got to me. I didn't cry or anything, but it was slightly overwhelming. To have him giving me a hug when the last time I saw him, I wasn't sure I would see him again. It was an extremely precious moment. And being to have everyone there to celebrate Stephanie's baby shower was a tremendous blessing.

He has changed a little, but only for the better. He has a greater and deeper appreciation for life and it's a beautiful thing. The Lord is definitely going to use him for some great things! His testimony is so powerful, i think it's going to touch a lot of people.

And Stephanie is too adorable. I can only pray that I am that gorgeous when I'm pregnant. I love her so much!

After the shower I met a couple of my co-workers and some others on the beach for some volleyball. That was a lot of fun, but my arms hurt sooo much now! :-P

Between kickball, soccer, Sunday volleyball, and the workout routine my friend Lauren and I are starting, I think I should be in good shape soon!! Fingers crossed! I canceled my gym membership cuz I hadn't been since like November, so I wasted a lot of money. With this full time job, it's just hard to fit in gym time. But Lauren and I are going to do a 30 minute workout routine near our jobs. I think I'll be bale to keep it up because I have someone to hold me accountable, and it's like seconds away from my job, so I have no excuses!

Well, that's all for now!!

12 comments:

MommyLovesStilettos said...

That's really incredible. I'm glad to hear he defeated the odds! :)

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear that Jeremy is doing good! And that you had a great weekend!

Danae Hudson said...

That is amazing! I know that God still gives us miracles.

Stopping by from SITS

Anonymous said...

Nothing like beating the odds, huh? And he's a cutie! Hehe.

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

that's awesome! it's so cool to hear about miracles in a world that seems to constantly bring the bad news & never any of the good! i stopped by from SITS & i'm glad i found ur blog!

MariahSmile said...

it's so cool that you are in a kickball league!

Crystal Escobar said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And that is soooo awesome about your brother, wow!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy sounds like quite the fighter! Congratulations to him on an amazing recovery and to your friend for the coming arrival of her baby!

A 2 Z said...

All good news! Its great! I agree with finding a place to exercise near your work is the best option. The trick is to go right after work and then go home. Otherwise, once your home, well you know the rest...

Anne-Marie

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow he sounds like a fighter, yay to him!

Annah said...

That's wonderful that your friend came out of the coma. Sometimes good things DO happen :)

KC said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!
Kevin Collins
kevincollins1012@gmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Copyright

Bella.Pazzo.Vita. Copyright 2009. If there is an image in this blog that you own, contact me and I will remove it promptly, thank you!