Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't Get On The Boat, You'll End Up In The Middle Of The Ocean...

Had to be at work at 5 AM this morning! Blech. I had to make my alarm one of the obnoxious sounds on my phone or I would simply ignore it.

I peeled my eyes open reluctantly at 4:00. What a horrible hour to have to get out of bed! I don't think I'll ever really get used to it. All though I think I've had to get up at just about every hour possible between my job and doing background work.

Oh, Backtrack: Last night I got a text from the guy I met at the party, we were supposed to go see a movie on Tuesday, but he never called. I didn't text him or anything, I just figured whatever and was content to stay at home and chill. Anyway, I get a text at 10, saying that he his phone had broken and he just got a new one. Hmmmm. I mean I have no real reason not to believe him, and that kind of thing does happen. Plus, he was the one who asked me, so I don't think he would just be trying to get out of it. It just seems a little weird to me, but I'm not the pouty-pissed-off type of chick, so I don't really care. However, I'm trying to me the new me when it comes to dating, relationships and guys. So, in lieu of the Old Me, I decided to not text him back right away, but to wait until the next morning.

Flashforward To Present:

Even though it was such a beastly hour, I had to be prepared for my whole day. I was gonna go to the beach after work since I got off at 11, but I was also going to the gym. One thing I hate about living 20 minutes away from the area that I conduct most of my life in is that I have to think through my whole day before I leave my house because I hate driving and wasting the gas. Once I'm on the westside, I'm there till I'm ready to rest my bones! So I put on my swimsuit, one of my new tops, and the shorts I wore as a Ghostbuster. It was cute. The top is Babydoll style though, which falls just below my thighs, and the shorts are short, so it looks like I'm not wearing anything underneath. No.....I'm not a slut.

Work was slow, not too much going on. I got to see my friend DL (not real name, as none of the guys' names in here are). I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was nice to see him again. We always seem to miss each other at work.

I had ordered a pepperoni pizza online at CPK. So I headed over to grab my lunch. I had to stop at the store for sunscreen and a drink. I was standing at the sunscreen shelves trying to decide which of the million choices was best, when an older gentleman said while he walked in my direction "Cute. Very cute." I turned to see who was talking and he smiled at me. Now, when I say older, I mean could be a friend of my dad's. I smiled politely and laughed awkwardly. Then as he passed he said "You should come on our boat!" I didn't really know what to say to that...so again, awkward laugh. Oh, yeah let me just go hop on your boat with you Mr. Strangeman! And why don't we just leave my car here, and I'll ride with you while we're at it! Then I can finally cross rape & abduction off of my wishlist!" Let me clarify, this is in the Marina, so there are boats around, so it wasn't a horrifically random invitation, but still! So I just awkwardly laughed until he went away. I immediately text Dawn, Ingrid and Allie. Dawn, Ingrid and I had been talking about how you never go on a boat with a guy cuz you could end up trapped in the middle of the ocean! We were joking, but here I was with an actual proposal!

He passed by again to go checkout, and again threw an invitation my way for this "Boat Party". Said I would be a "welcome guest". Yeah I'm sure. He didn't even say, "Oh, I have a son who would love to meet you!", no it was obvious I would be his guest. I'm sorry but if you're gonna be that old trying to holler at me, you better look like one of these guys:


And he did not.

Cue Awkward Laugh. Don't look him in the eye. Crisis Averted.

So I finally reached my destination. I laid out my towel, put in my Zune, and read a magazine. It was really great! I just sat by myself for a while. After awhile I decided I just head out to the gym. So I started walking back to my car.

These two guys walked by as I was sitting in my car, getting ready to go. They were talking to me, and I joked with them as they walked. Then one of them said "Bye' as he kept looking back at me me. I said bye. Then I continued to get the sand off of my feet. I could see the two of them loitering in the area, looking like they had something to do, but the one guy kept looking back at me. I had sunglasses on, so I don't think he saw me see him. Anyway, they eventually came back over and introduced themselves to me. They were working on a music video they were filming on the beach (Truth! I had already scene the trailers and stuff, plus they had walkie-talkies! Hehe.), then the friend said he had to go to the restroom and left the other guy there. We talked for a bit, he seemed cool. He also had sunglasses on, but he seemed cute from what I saw. We're both from the same area. He could be fun to hang out with. He got my number, so we'll see where that goes!

Tomorrow is going to be even more hectic! I probably won't get home til late! Blah.
La'az!!
(FYI: That's "Laterz", but with the British absence of the "t" sound)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

what kinda job wakes you up at 4AM?? besides hotels of course... i used to work in a hotel and had to work a shift starting at 6AM =S

and yes, if you're going to be a creepy old man you better hope you look like george clooney... *drools* haha!

looking forward to reading more from your blog :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Copyright

Bella.Pazzo.Vita. Copyright 2009. If there is an image in this blog that you own, contact me and I will remove it promptly, thank you!