Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Latest & Greatest

Hey Guy & Gals!

Blogging from Panera Bread in Marina Del Rey (the connection is uber sloooowwww!)
I haven't blogged in awhile, I've been quite busy. And since I work on a computer for about 8 hours a day, I don't really feeling like getting in front of another screen by the time I get home:-P

Career:
Had my callback audition for that play, and I got cast for ensemble. I'm not going to take it, because I can't put "ensemble" on my resume and I don't have time to dedicate to something that can't really help further my acting career. I've already done ensemble twice for this director, so I hoped she would give me a chance, but no luck. Something about auditioning gets me completely nervous and I can't remember my lines! But if I'm not auditioning, I do fine! I had to perform a monologue in my Acting II class and I did very well as far as remembering lines. There are a lot of things I still have to learn as an actress. A lot of nuances and techniques. I would love it if I were one of those "naturals" who could just awe people without even trying...But since I'm not, I'm just gonna have to learn!

On The Home Front
Went to look at this 3 BR apartment where my brother and I want to live, and oh my gosh, it's amazing! I really really want to live there. Here are some pics I took:




That's just the living room and the kitchen. I'm in love!! I got all tingly inside at the thought of having my own room and my own space! I've never had that before. I've shared a room with someone my whole life. Even in college I had to share a room with 1 or 2 people. Once I move, I will have a space I can call my own, somewhere I can close the door and be by myself with having to worry about teenage boys coming in or talk on the phone without having to worry about waking someone else up. It will be HEAVEN! Lord willing this will be the place! I realized I wouldn't even know what to do with all that space. I wouldn't know how to decorate or anything! I've never been able to decorate an entire room the way I want to. I'll probably be taking polls and asking you guys opinions and ideas for my room! Yaaaaayy! Getting ahead of myself...calming down.

In Sports

I played soccer yesterday and pulled a muscle. I think my body is slightly pissed at me for putting it onto the soccer field after so many years of being out of practice. It's a soccer class, so it's coed. And there are mostly guys, which is so much fun! Guys play so much harder and are stronger and faster so us girls have to work harder to keep up. I think it's a good thing. The guys are very aware that we are girls, whenever one of us seems like we're hurt they always ask if we're okay, which they never do for each other. One girl was offended when a guy asked her if she was okay and she said "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm a delicate flower.". This is the attitude that is making our guys cease in treating us like ladies. I don't take offense at a guy checking to see if I'm okay. I want to be recognized as a woman. You can be both a woman and an athlete, it doesn't have to be one or the other. But that's a whole other topic I 'll talk about later...

Speaking of topics, my friend Allison has asked me to become a regular contributor for EveryGirlBlog!! I'm so excited. This is going to keep my writing skills sharp and give me something to do! Not that I don't have enough on my plate, but I like to write and I really need a reason to sit and write at least twice a week! I'll also probably start vlogging.

Well, that's a glimpse into what's going on in my world!

Question of The Day
Before I go, I wanted to share that today, I was sitting in a seat at Panera because all of the tables were taken. I had my food in my lap. And a woman came over and offered me her table because she was done eating. It was very nice of her! It's always nice to discover that there are still really decent people in the world!

Can you think of a time when a stranger offered something to you without being asked?


Coming Up:
Campfire Network: Personal questions answered by Blogging Banana!


Cheers!

8 comments:

cableclair said...

Awn! Too bad about the play! What play was it? What monologue did you do?

That new apartment looks fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel you on not wanting to be on a computer after work. I'm the exact same way.

Hopefully the apartment works out. Decorating your own space will be awesome, trust me. Although I've been working on decorating my (rented) house for over a year now and it's a slow process!

Kitty said...

Whew! You have been busy! I know what you mean... auditions suck. Oh well, keep at it. Love your blog design!

Cynthia said...

You have lots going on! Just keep showing up...the more auditions you do the easier it will get.

I hope you get your new apartment and your own room. A little privacy is such a great thing for our creative souls.

What I like most about your Question of The Day is your gratitude. I love how much joy you felt from that generous small act and how you spread it to the rest of us. Today I will look for a way to be generous to a stranger. Thanks

Gabrielle said...

Greeting, popped over from sits, I loved your post!

Mrs. M said...

Morning, visiting from SITS!! I can not think of a time when a stranger offered me something. Hmmmm.. It is too early to think. ;-) I have never been to Panera either. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

thatgirlblogs said...

sorry about the ensemble. next time.

I had a lady at the grocery store notice that I was juggling kids/groceries and she helped me get it all into my car. very nice.

frockandrollonline.com said...

Cute, cute, cute :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Copyright

Bella.Pazzo.Vita. Copyright 2009. If there is an image in this blog that you own, contact me and I will remove it promptly, thank you!